Friday, April 20, 2012

Christian Affiliation = Lost Customers and Profits


Clarification:
This statement was given to generate discussion. It is presented to Christian Business Owners. Please provide your answer with the Great Commandment in mind.


Dave: “First rule of business... Never mix religion with business... period...”

George: “Thanks for the answer.

Since taxes were due just recently; what worldview does one complete their tax forms in business? How do Christians, who say they keep religion and business separated, fill out their tax forms; by what standard? If "business ethics" is the answer, who wrote these ethics and why are they placed above or alongside biblical standards?

I'm a Christian that holds to what the Bible says and this is something that transcends business ownership. This allows me to make the right ethical discussions in business. I get my standard from the Bible. A good tax standard is found in Mark 12:17.

Jesus said “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.

Whether I drive a car, run a business, attend a baseball game, live in my home, or speak to others; I'm a Christian first. I have a Christian worldview rooted in the Bible. I'm a Christian which is inseparable, regardless of title, position, word, or action.

Thanks again for the comment.”

Does Christian Affiliation = Lost Customers and Profits? No. It equals opportunity to share one's faith with others and accountability.

Galations 6:10 –

“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” 

Respectfully,
           
Founder & CEO
“Connecting the Christian Community!”

 (650) 308-4667

2 comments:

  1. George, I posted about this on my blog...

    http://christianfaithatwork.com/will-i-offend-customers-with-my-christian-business/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. Please consider being a Guest Blogger. Thanks Chris.

      Delete